Canadian Owner-Operators Through Mid-Size Fleets Now Have Access To Benefits That Large Fleets Enjoy
AKRON, Ohio, April 6, 2015 – Owner-operators and small to mid-size fleets in Canada now have access to Goodyear Canada Inc.’s Smart Fleet program.
Introduced in the United States in early 2014, the Goodyear Smart Fleet program gives owner-operators and small to mid-size fleets access to benefits that are normally reserved for Goodyear national account customers.
Canadian owner-operators and fleets that enrol in the Goodyear Smart Fleet program will enjoy:
- Access to premium Goodyear brand truck tires and technologies, including Fuel Max Technology, which incorporates fuel-saving compounds, tread designs and construction to help promote fuel economy; and DuraSeal Technology, the industry’s only built-in, self-sealing tire technology;
- Online, published pricing on new Goodyear tires, retreads and services, which are honoured by participating Goodyear commercial tire dealerships;
- The industry’s leading 24/7 Emergency Roadside Service program, offered through Goodyear-Fleet HQ. Goodyear-Fleet HQ Emergency Roadside Service has helped more than one million trucks return to service, and on average, gets trucks up and running in two hours and 11 minutes. Goodyear Smart Fleet members do not have to pay a dispatch fee for road service calls;
- Customized tire performance and service activity reporting to help owner-operators and fleets manage their tire investment more effectively;
- Tools to help owner-operators and fleets lower their operating costs and improve their results.
“All prices are published at national account rates, which eliminates the run-around when searching for the best deal,” said Dwight McGill, general manager, sales, Canada, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “Goodyear Smart Fleet members will receive the same pricing at any participating Goodyear commercial tire
Goodyear Smart Fleet members can also streamline the scheduling of tire and service appointments by providing information on-line, ahead of time.
“Members of Goodyear’s extensive commercial tire and service network, which encompasses more than 2,200 locations, are ready to assist Goodyear Smart Fleet members with the products and services they need to keep their trucks moving,” said McGill.
To sign up for the Goodyear Smart Fleet program, go to www.goodyeartrucktires.ca/smartfleet, click on the “Join Now” button, click on “Apply Now,” and fill out and submit the easy-to-complete application.
Once approved, new Goodyear Smart Fleet members will receive a welcome package from Goodyear that includes detailed program and contact information; an identification card with a unique membership number; relevant tire and retread specs and pricing; a list of the top three recommended, authorized Goodyear commercial tire dealerships in their area; and more.
“There is no cost to join the Goodyear Smart Fleet program,” said McGill. “Our mission is to help commercial trucking fleets of all sizes and configurations lower their operating costs. The Goodyear Smart Fleet program delivers a wide range of real-world benefits to help achieve this.”
About Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems:
Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems offers The Total Package Solution of industry-leading tires, services and profitability tools to help commercial trucking fleets lower their total cost of ownership. To learn more, visit www.goodyeartrucktires.ca.