Goodyear Fuel Max RSA Provides Enhanced Fuel Efficiency, Plus Long Kilometres To Removal, Toughness And Traction
AKRON, Ohio, Oct. 27, 2015 – Goodyear Canada Inc. has introduced a commercial truck tire that provides excellent fuel economy for regional/long haul driving and enhanced toughness for driving in urban environments, plus long kilometres to removal and a high level of traction.
“The new Fuel Max RSA has been designed to deliver numerous benefits to help lower the operating costs of regional/long haul fleets that operate mainly on-highway and have some exposure to urban driving,” said Norberto Flores, marketing manager, Goodyear.
“Despite the fact that fuel costs have declined in recent months, fuel efficiency will remain a prominent fleet requirement, which is why we’re extending Goodyear Fuel Max Technology to regional tires,” he noted.
The Fuel Max RSA, which is SmartWay-compliant, features:
- Goodyear Fuel Max Technology, which contains cool-running compounds to lower tire rolling resistance and improve fuel efficiency
- A tri-layer compound for exceptional mileage, rolling resistance and curb impact resistance
- A non-evolving tread to help maintain traction through the tire’s lifecycle
- Super-tensile steel belts to add stability and enhance toughness
- Goodyear Unisteel casing construction for optimal retreadability
- A computer-optimized tread design and footprint for more kilometres to removal
In addition, the Fuel Max RSA contains Goodyear’s IntelliMax Rib Technology, which provides a stiffer tread area for lower rolling resistance, higher mileage and even wear, according to Flores.
“The Fuel Max RSA also offers outstanding snow traction thanks to its innovative tread design and boasts a 20/32-inch tread depth for lower cost-per-kilometre,” he said.
The Fuel Max RSA is available in size 11R22.5, Load Range G. Additional sizes – including 295/75R22.5 and 11R24.5 in Load Ranges G and H, and 11R22.5 in Load Range H – will be introduced in early 2016.
“We are confident that this product will be enthusiastically embraced by fleets that are looking for an excellent all-around tire to help enhance their operational efficiency and lower their costs,” said Flores.
About Goodyear Canada Inc.:
Goodyear offers The Total Solution of industry-leading commercial truck tires, services and profitability tools to help fleets lower their total cost of ownership. To learn more, visit www.goodyeartrucktires.ca.